Clinical Data Manager
Ian Marlow at CK Clinical is looking for a permanent Clinical Data Manager for a company based in East Anglia.
An exciting opportunity for a Clinical Programmer, Technical Data Manager or experienced Data Manager to join a small team of Technical Data Managers and System Developers. Responsible for the design and development of clinical study databases using Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems coupled with the opportunity to support continued system development of this key in-house EDC system and processes.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Building and updating clinical study databases from final protocol and electronic Case Records Forms (eCRFs), including programming edit checks according to specifications and development of the database from build, through testing to live.
- Prioritising tasks and resourcing time accordingly.
- Providing technical solutions for ad-hoc study requirements.
- Acting as technical lead for assigned studies and providing additional support to other Technical Data Managers.
- Liaising with Project Managers, Data Managers and eCRF Developers to lead study database programming elements.
- Assisting internal and external users with Helpdesk issues in a timely manner.· Performing, guiding and facilitating functional testing of study specific software enhancements and contribute to, and maintain company processes.
- Proactively identifying, driving and developing system and process improvements.
- Contributing to the enhancement of the in-house clinical data management system.
- Assisting with version control, validation and approval of generic system software to ensure a quality software product and fulfillment of local process and regulatory requirements pertaining to computerised systems.
- Previous database programming experience in a clinical research environment or a willingness to learn programming elements supported with key expertise in clinical data management which includes proven technical elements.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development process.
- Good working knowledge of Clinical Data Management Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, SQL programming, SQL-Plus, PL/SQL, JAVA, ASP and relational databases.
- Working knowledge of medical coding dictionaries and their application.
- Working Knowledge of System Validation Life Cycle in relationship to the implementation new applications and processes.
- Proficient with clinical reporting tools, e.g. JReview, Logi Analytics, Spotfire or others.
- Experience with CDISC SDTM/CDASH industry standards.
- Organisational skills including planning, prioritising, multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative and operate as part of a team.
- Flexible and self-motivating.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Ian Marlow on 01438 743 047 or IMarlow@ckclinical.co.uk. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL29989 in all correspondence.