Business Manager, Contracts Outsourcing - Herts
Steve Lord is recruiting for a Business Manager within Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing, to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire, on a full time, contract basis initially for 12 months.
The Business Manager: Clinical Outsourcing will lead the sourcing and contracting process by professionally negotiating contracts for the study teams.
As a Business Manager: Clinical Outsourcing, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate functional or project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies).
- Define project- or function- specific sourcing strategies with input from project team members of functional representatives, as appropriate.
- Lead the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions or teams and potential vendors.
- Serve as primary contact to the teams or functions for the sourcing of their activities.
- Provide outsourcing services in support of Project Teams and functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, site assessment visit, contract development, change orders and issue management.
- Lead and conduct negotiations with vendors.
- Measure performance of vendors with respect to quality of work, cost, timelines and other related parameters.
- Implement the procurement strategy and policies within teams and functions.
- Ensure appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs.
- Facilitate sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution.
- Guide project teams in identification and resolution of outsourcing issues.
- Serves as primary contact to teams for financial questions related to PVC management.
- Identify training needs related to service provider management and outsourcing process, including how to work most effectively with outsourcing service providers.
- Receive knowledge from Alliance/Key Account Management on service provider services and capabilities and industry trends, and feedback to them.
- Participate in process improvement or other projects that enhance and streamline outsourcing and contracting processes, systems, tools and other resources.
- Support teams on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis.
- Create contracts, master agreements, work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc.
- Deliver training to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes.
As a Business Manager: Clinical Outsourcing, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Extensive clinical outsourcing experience
- Clinical Trial Outsourcing experience
- Ability to lead on large agreements for the sourcing and contracting process with a service provider
- Able to create at least one of the following: contracts / start-up agreements / work orders / amendments / master services agreements/ requests for proposal
- Ability to effectively negotiate business terms and financial costs.
- High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Considerable and demonstrated business acumen.
- Study / Project Management within the pharmaceutical and/or CRO sector (desirable).
- Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams.
- Ideally, partnership management.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Effective management of cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to work within a matrix.
- Ability to work within a change management culture.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL39289 in all correspondence.