Associate Sourcing Manager
CK Clinical are recruiting for an Associate Sourcing Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire, on a full time, contract basis for 12 months.
The Role: This role is a 12 month contract as an Associate Sourcing Manager working within the procurement function, covering maternity leave for the period but with potential longer term or permanent options in the future. You will be responsible for supporting operational procurement activities for low to medium value reactive and business led sourcing requests, such as ad hoc, call off, unplanned or reactive buying activities.
As an Associate/Junior Sourcing Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out operational sourcing requests that support a region or large site with a focus on efficiency and customer service - areas of procurement will mostly fall into technology vendors, lab vendors, clinical pharmacology and/or CRO vendors.
- Maintaining information flows; liaising with category teams about non-standard requests, high value, opportunities for savings, or other data that might help form new buying strategies.
- Applying the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools. Supporting the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Collaborating with the requisition to pay Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
- Supporting site based procurement and execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based.
Your Background: As a Junior/Associate Sourcing Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified, life science preferred.
- Must have experience of clinical trials, knowledge of clinical site contracts.
- Hands on and operational procurement knowledge with experience in contracting, (e)Sourcing and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools.
- Preferably experience of indirect procurement spend - e.g. professional services or similar.
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools is desired.
Working options available as Ltd Co, Umbrella or PAYE via CK.
For more information or to apply for this Associate Sourcing Manager position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457738 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 48019.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.