Priya Mukherjee at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for a Head of Statistics to work in a leading clinical trials unit for a top university in the UK.
h3 style=”padding-top: 25px;”>Responsibilities:
As Head of Statistics you will have responsibility for:
- Running the SMG to the highest standards
- Interacting with key researchers and pharmaceutical companies worldwide
- Fostering the continued academic development of the group
- Helping to ensure the DTU’s continued success by delivering high quality statistical support in a timely manner
Further responsibilities of this Head of Statistics role will include to:
- Provide oversight of all SMG activities and play a key role in the design, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials in accordance with DTU Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and study-specific Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs)
- Ensure SMG activities are regulatory compliant and in accordance with ICH GCP requirements, using template procedures for timely production of SAPs and trial reports and ensuring appropriate quality control schemes are in place
- Critique and interpret the statistical content of trial data, abstracts, posters and manuscripts from both internal and external sources and provide advisory reports where required
- Prioritize SMG tasks and be responsible for ensuring that they are delivered on time and to the highest quality
- Play a key role in developing research projects, securing funding, and participating in bid defence meetings
- Provide backup for Senior Statisticians where necessary
- Participate in seminars and workshops showcasing the work of the DTU
- Contribute to the wider academic life and work of the DTU and the University through, for example, editing journals, refereeing papers, external examining and involvement in professional bodies.
- Contribute to institutional and national policy making especially in relation to medical statistics.
- Foster constructive collaborative relationships with senior University personnel, key stakeholders including commercial sponsors of DTU research and academic collaborators.
- Attend external meetings on behalf of DTU, where there is a need for a Statistical Advisor to be present and provide reports of such meetings where appropriate
- Provide high-level statistical advice to other DTU staff on how best to design, analyse and interpret their studies
- Contribute to other relevant aspects of the work of the DTU, including assisting other DTU sections as necessary with the development of documentation or materials relating to the integrity of trial data
- Develop the research activities of the DTU and the University by maintaining an expert reputation in own subject area independently and/or in collaboration with others and identifying new areas of research
- Engage in external academic activities in accordance with the DTU’s research strategy at a national and international level
- Publish original research in appropriate journals or other media, as appropriate
- Lead funding bids which develop and sustain research support for the diabetes and/or statistics area and advance the reputation of the DTU and the University
Qualifications, skills and experience:
To be considered for this Head of Statistics position, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A higher degree PhD in the area of medical statistics or epidemiology (OR Equivalent)
- Proven clinical trials analytic experience with an excellent knowledge of all aspects of trials methodologies
- Thorough understanding of statistical methods, especially randomisation methodology, advanced multivariate modelling, generalized mixed modelling and advanced survival analysis methodologies
- Proven ability to lead a team, and to plan and manage multiple project workloads within deadlines
- Proven staff management skills and ability to develop junior staff
- Extensive experience in using statistical packages with good working knowledge of SAS and R
- Good communication skills in oral and written English and attention to detail
- Expertise in medical statistics oversee all aspects of SMG output, including production of statistical analysis plans, randomisation methodology, advanced multivariate modelling, generalized mixed modelling and advanced survival analysis methodologies.
- The ability to lead a team of statisticians and programmers, to prioritize tasks, and to manage resources to ensure tight deadlines and DTU contractual commitments are met
How to apply:
For more information regarding this Head of Statistics role, please contact Priya Mukherjee at CK Clinical on 0207 470 5670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.