Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for a Head of Medical Affairs to join successful Pharmaceutical company in Surrey, UK. To find out more, please watch Hendre’s short video below and read the job description.
Head of Medical Affairs Job Description
As Head of Medical Affairs you are responsible for the leadership of the Medical Affairs Team in the provision of medical information, pharmacovigilance and quality complaints handling. Your duties also include the provision of medical affairs support to the sales, marketing and regulatory teams in Northwest Europe to ensure that the company meet/exceed targets and are compliant with all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
Further responsibilities of this Head of Medical Affairs role will include:
– Ensure 100% completion of business-aligned performance management reviews and target setting for team members
– Ensure succession planning and career development strategies in place for the team
giving effective coaching and delegating appropriately to develop team
– Allow and encourage ‘entrepreneurialism’/ideas generation within the team addressing poor performance effectively in line with current company policies
– Recruitment of medical affairs personnel
– Supervision and continuous development of the local pharmacovigilance systems and procedures ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and both global and local SOPs
– Act as Drug Safety Responsible Person for UK and ROI
– Provision of a medical information service to internal customers (sales, marketing, regulatory) and to external contacts (healthcare professionals and consumers)
– Responsible for the appropriate handling of all OTC complaints, meeting internal and legal reporting requirements.
– Ensure all medical affairs activities are conducted in line with internal policy and procedures
– Manage and continuously develop the provision of a medical affairs service to internal customers (e.g. marketing, sales, and regulatory affairs)
– Ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation and industry Codes of Practice
– Act as internal and/or ABPI signatory for promotional materials as appropriate
– Manage medical affair activities in supporting innovative initiatives and effectively work with local and regional/global colleagues in delivery of such initiatives
– Input into the best regulatory strategy for registration of new products or line extensions in order to speed up OTC launches
– Ensure local regulatory submissions are timely and secure the best possible labelling for the country
– Scientific support in contacts with Health Authorities and related authorities
– Interface with the medical and healthcare community
– Develop and maintain contacts with Specialists in appropriate fields and Trade Associations to further the interests of NCH and for expert consultation and for assistance/ localisation in Company clinical trials, symposia, and meetings
– Manage and develop the training delivered by the medical affairs team ensuring the use of high quality briefing and training materials including:
– Provides Therapeutic Area medical leadership, training and support to internal and external customers
– Support the clinical Project Manager in the design and delivery of trials where appropriate
– Develop and maintain medical and scientific awareness of the consumer health product portfolio
– Support the delivery of brand operational plans
– Assist in issues of management where necessary
To be considered for this Head of Medical Affairs role, you will have a BSc in a relevant subject. Alternatively you will have a background in Pharmacy. You will also have strong communication skills and have the ability to explain complicated matters in a simple way.
How to apply:
For more information regarding this Head of Medical Affairs position, please contact Hendre on 01438 870 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Please quote reference CL23899 in all correspondence.
Register your CV with CK Clinical
Once registered, one of our specialist Consultants will be in touch to discuss your requirements and any relevant positions we are currently recruiting for within the pharmaceutical industry.
Alternatively, you can call our team directly on +44(0)1438 743 047 or email email@example.com.