Ben Traies at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for a Functional Clinical Science Manager to join a pharmaceutical company based in the Home Counties.
As Functional Clinical Science Manager you will provide high quality leadership, line management (including talent management and career development), coaching and functional expertise to clinical scientist and medical monitors globally.
You will also ensure that clinical studies/ projects are appropriately resourced and that individuals in teams are able to maximally contribute to delivery of clinical studies/projects as well as the overall strategic aims of the department.
- Completing talent management and personal career development for direct reports
- Ensuring that sufficient appropriately qualified resources are identified and made available, and ensuring that staff assignment across studies/projects as appropriate
- Approving all functional and project spend of their direct reports
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical science assistants/ associates and scientists if required in order to maximise their ability to provide high quality clinical science input to clinical studies/projects.
- Provides line management including talent management, on-going performance management and personal career development for direct reports
- Drives change within the organisation as well as supporting, in a matrix fashion, management and staff through change
- Represents the function on local and global initiatives
- Works in close collaboration with other functional managers to roll out new global processes / initiatives, and best practices
The ideal candidate:
This Functional Clinical Science Manager is for an experienced clinical scientist, senior clinical scientist or principal clinical scientist who has shown the following:
- PhD or MD degree
- Ten years of industry experience in drug development
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with demonstrated ability to lead and influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Previous people and/or project management experience including resource management and forecasting with a demonstrated ability to deliver against commitments and goals
- Excellent communication skills, capable of utilising a variety of influencing techniques to build respect and gain the confidence of others at all levels in the organization
- Displays integrity, courage and passion combined with a flexible approach to problem solving
- Possesses broad current knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry and drug development experience with an understanding of clinical development in an international environment
- This is a high profile role in an industry leading company which has aggressive growth plans and a very strong pipeline
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Functional Clinical Science Manager role, please contact Ben Traies at CK Clinical on 01438 870021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL22806 in all correspondence.