Priya Mukherjee is recruiting for a Director of Biostatistics to join a leading company based in the Midlands.
Director of Biostatistics Job Description:
As Director of Biostatistics, you will lead the Biostatistics Department in providing statistical services for clinical trials. Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide leadership of the Biostatistics Department, co-ordinating and assisting staff in their duties.
- To be responsible for staff allocation within the department, to ensure sufficient expertise and to delegate responsibility appropriately.
- To identify the departmental training requirements and to provide training as required.
- To perform staff reviews.
- To represent the Biostatistics department at internal meetings and to liaise with in-house project managers and fellow departmental heads.
- To provide statistical advice/consultation and/or any related services required by Sponsors.
- To lead projects on behalf of the Company.
- To represent the Company and participate at meetings and conferences.
- To be responsible for statistical software administration for the Company.
- Additionally, the job holder is expected to perform all duties associated with the post of Senior Statistician.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
As Director of Biostatistics, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experienced in working closely with Sponsors, and have good communication skills in order to provide clear statistical advice.
- Experience co-ordinating the workloads of other staff and possess good time-management skills.
- A thorough knowledge of statistics.
- Computer literate with a willingness to adapt to various computer systems; a detailed knowledge of SAS, and other related software is essential.
Interested applicants will be educated to degree level in mathematics, statistics or another subject with a strong statistical component (OR Equivalent) and have proven experience using statistics in a clinical research environment, including SAS programming. You should also be able to demonstrate a high level of competency, responsibility, and the ability to work independently.
How to apply:
For more information, please contact Priya Mukherjee at CK Clinical on +44(0)1438 870028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL23605 in all correspondence.