Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Contract Senior Scientific Advisor to join a successful pharmaceutical company based in Middlesex.
Contract Scientific Advisor Job Description:
As Scientific Advisor you will play a key role in the planning and development of promotional and educational campaigns and materials. Copy approval and compliance experience is a requirement for this contract.
Further responsibilities of this position include:
- Briefing and provision of data to external agencies.
- Editing, evaluating and approving the materials produced by agencies.
- Scientific content (core claims) ensuring the data maximise commercial potential.
- Medical accuracy and compliance with the product licence and the relevant Codes of Practice.
- Provide analyses and review of products, therapy areas and competitor products, making recommendations, which assist marketing in the determination of current and future strategic direction.
- Develop therapy area reviews, product monographs, slide sets, training packages etc. as appropriate to business and customer needs.
- Input into the defence of complaints made by competitor companies, medical professionals or regulatory authorities against promotional statements or activities.
- Prepare portfolios of data and input into product submissions for influential bodies such as the National Prescribing Centre, National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE), Scottish Medicines Consortium and National Tenders.
- Ensure the medical information department is up-to-date on new products/campaigns and commercial issues by leading training and factsheet management and by giving advice on complex issues.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for sales force training programmes and other materials and briefing sessions, ensuring scientific data and medical concepts are understood and consistent with promotional strategy.
- Responsible for sending briefing information out to sales force, keeping them up to date with important clinical information on our own and competitor products.
- May play a key role in preparing tailored responses to support market access issues for a defined product in particular geographical areas/PCTs/hospital trusts etc.
- Involvement in the Key Evidence Generation (KEG) process to identify data needs and options for generating evidence, including in the planning of clinical trials ensuring that they are aligned to short- and long-term business needs. Help to identify opportunities for the interpretation of trial results for commercial benefit.
- Develop networks across the UK Company as a whole.
- Required to input into the longer-term strategy for a disease area e.g. as a member of a disease strategy team.
- May be required to lead cross-functional teams/projects, including those aligned to key commercial processes.
- May be required to mentor for other Scientific Advisors.
As Scientific Advisor, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Science Degree/Professional Qualification.
- Wide breadth of experience of product at different stages of the lifecycle.
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and disseminate scientific data and information company products and their competitors, and to communicate appropriate information to enhance current strategic and promotional activities.
- Ability to facilitate internal relationships within both the UK Company, and the company as a whole.
- Ability to gain the credibility of senior managers and external opinion leaders/influencers.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, and think clearly under pressure and time constraints.
- Knowledgeable of the legal and ethical issues and codes affecting the promotion of new and existing products and apply these appropriately.
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence and negotiate cross-functional teams
- Proactive, self motivated, self-reliant.
How to apply:
To find out more, please contact Hendre Moolman on 01438 870 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL23603 in all correspondence.