This is an excellent and rare opportunity to join a Clinical Research Organisation based in Central London, UK.
- You will lead in the day to day management of Clinical trials within our client’s Advanced Therapies Centre (ATC) in the delivery of high quality clinical research trials sponsored by commercial companies and potentially all other agencies.
- This post will be key in leading and co-ordinating the clinical trial staff in the growing ATC and increasing accrual of patients into clinical trials.
- Central to this role is maintaining an active caseload in identifying eligible patients at Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) meetings and clinics.
- You will assist in the consent process with patients including the explanation of standard and research treatment, risks, benefits and side effects.
- You will be responsible for randomisation, completion of case report forms (CRF’s) and the maintenance of accurate records according to GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and UK Statutory Instrument.
- You will also have responsibility for the organisation of investigations, tracking follow-up of patients with our client’s Clinical Assistants and Investigators.
- Assist with regular submission of data to clinical trials centres, the Clinical trials manager and the funding stakeholders.
- You will be expected to be proactive in educating clinical staff in the specifics of running clinical trials. Willingness to work flexibly is an essential aspect of this post.
- Degree in life sciences
- Experience of working within clinical research and in the recruitment of cancer patients into trials</li>
- Proven experience in mentoring/coaching staff
- Proven Oncology and clinical research experience
- Proven personal and leadership experience
- Proven experience of leading staff training and development
- Proven experience of basic management issues in team working and motivation
- Proven experience in implementing change
- Familiarity with research governance
- Participation in consent process for patients entering clinical research Experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Experience of managing complex information or projects
- <li>Competent in using Microsoft Office software for storing/retrieving data
For more information or to apply for this Clinical Trials Co-ordinator role, please contact Susan Murray on 01 438743047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.