Ben Traies at CK Clinical is recruiting a Clinical Science Manager to join a global pharma company based in the Home Counties.
As Clinical Science Manager you will provide high quality leadership, line management (including talent management and career development), coaching and functional expertise to clinical scientist and medical monitors globally.
You will ensure that clinical studies/ projects are appropriately resourced and that individuals in teams are able to maximally contribute to delivery of clinical studies/projects as well as the overall strategic aims of the department.
- Completing talent management and personal career development for direct reports
- Ensuring that sufficient appropriately qualified resources are identified and made available, and ensuring that staff assignment across studies/projects as appropriate.
- Approving all functional and project spend of their direct reports.
- Core responsibilities
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical science assistants/ associates and scientists if required in order to maximise their ability to provide high quality clinical science input to clinical studies/projects.
- Provides line management including talent management, on-going performance management and personal career development for direct reports.
- Drives change within the organisation as well as supporting, in a matrix fashion, management and staff through change.
- Represents the function on local and global initiatives
- Works in close collaboration with other functional managers to roll out new global processes/ initiatives, and best practices.
The ideal candidate:
To be considered for this Clinical Science Manager role you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- PhD or MD degree<p>
- Ten years of industry experience in drug development
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with demonstrated ability to lead and influence effectively in a matrix environment.
- Previous people and/or project management experience including resource management and forecasting with a demonstrated ability to deliver against commitments and goals.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of utilising a variety of influencing techniques to build respect and gain the confidence of others at all levels in the organization.
- Displays integrity, courage and passion combined with a flexible approach to problem solving
- Possesses broad current knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry and drug development experience with an understanding of clinical development in an international environment.
- This is a high profile role in an industry leading company which has aggressive growth plans and a very strong pipeline.
How to apply:
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Ben Traies on 01438 870021 or email email@example.com.