CK Clinical recently ran an advertising campaign to attract the best talent in Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety for Ipsen in Slough. This role has been made available due to expansion of the team and CK Clinical are still actively recruiting for the right person.
The Advert was ran through the PIPELINE Journal and included the following information:
Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer
Global Department of Pharmacovigilance
Ipsen is a European pharmaceutical group with a total worldwide staff of nearly 4,000 and consolidated sales of C862 million in 2006. The company’s development strategy is based on a combination of products in targeted therapeutic areas (oncology, endocrinology and neuromuscular disorders) which are growth drivers and primary care products which contribute significantly to its research financing.
Ipsen is currently marketing more than 20 products and, has four Research & Development Centres (in France, USA, Spain and UK) where 700 highly qualified employees cooperate with leading university research teams. Ipsen devotes close to 21% of their revenues in R&D expenditure.
Purpose of the role:
This role will be suitable for an individual who wishes to progress further within the Pharmacovigilance arena and gain an overall view of Clinical trials and Regulatory Affairs parallel to their Pharmacovigilance knowledge.
This role will contribute to the monitoring of the safety of the Group’s products, both during development and after marketing authorisation approval, in order to meet international regulatory requirements, Company’s development objectives and to achieve clinical excellence.
- To proactively facilitate safe progress in clinical trials for products in development by liaising with the clinical study teams.
- To contribute to the preparation, and review of Pharmacovigilance documentation for internal and external use.
- To contribute to the preparation and review of accurate, high quality Pharmacovigilance reports and documentation, within agreed regulatory timelines.
- To contribute to the development of training courses for external and internal staff.
- To contribute to the operation and maintenance of systems to ensure accurate monitoring of the safety of products both during development and after marketing authorisation approval.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Honours Medical Science or Life Science degree.
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate work to meet deadlines.
- Well developed time management, communication, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
To apply for this role, please contact Jonathan Hart-Smith at CK Clinical on 0845 034 3082 or email at email@example.com