CK Clinical are committed to helping jobseekers get the perfect pharmaceutical job for them.
In a bid to help candidates along the way, CK Clinical will be producing a series of Youtube videos concentrating on the best way to answer difficult interview questions. The videos will each focus on a specific industry sectors including:
- Drug safety
- Medical information
- Regulatory affairs
These videos are designed to ensure you are well prepared for your pharmaceutical job interview; after all, the key to success at interview is preparation. Through good preparation you are more likely to win over the interviewer and convince them that you are the best man or woman for the pharmaceutical job.
In order to compile a list of difficult interview questions, CK Clinical used Linkedin to ask jobseekers to tell us about their nightmare interview experiences within the pharmaceutical industry. We had a brilliant response and the most common ghastly interview questions appear to be as follows:
- What did you most dislike about your former boss?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What are some criticisms other people have of you?
- Give me an example of a time you failed?
- Why shouldn’t I hire you?
- What makes you different from the other candidates we are interviewing?
- What is the most difficult event you have experienced in your life? How did you manage through it? What did you learn from it?
- Don’t you think you are over qualified for this position?
- Why would you want this position when you have held higher positions previously?
- What do you feel your key development areas would be over the first 3, 6 and 12 months in this role?
- Why do you want to join this company?
- What is the most difficult decision you have ever made and why?
- How will you be able to adapt to this start-up position? (Aimed at an older candidate).
- If you and your immediate supervisor disagree on how things should be done, what would you do? Would you go against your supervisor’s judgment?
By producing a series of Youtube videos tackling the best way to answer difficult interview questions, CK Clinical hope to provide you with an insight into what exactly it is that the interviewer within the pharmaceutical industry wants to hear. With well prepared answers under your belt, you will be one step further towards to getting the perfect pharmaceutical job for you.
These Youtube video’s will be available to view on our website the week commencing 20th November 2009. In the meantime, CK Clinical has prepared the following advice for candidates in the pharmaceutical industry: