- – Their share price increased 32 per cent to $35 over the course of 2011 – which is above where it was 5 years ago.
- – Their drug, Plavix, is the second best selling drug in the world with annual sales of $7 billion.
- In March 2011 the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared Yervoy – the first drug of it’s kind to extend the survival of patients with metastatic melanoma by months. It is expected the drug will be a multi-billion dollar blockbuster.
- In August 2011, the company revealed the result of their 18,000 patient clinical trial of the blood-thinner Eliquis which it is developing in collaboration with Pfizer. The drug is awaiting approval by the FDA
- Since CEO Lamberto Andreotti took over last May, the company has successfully streamlined their business and is focusing on building a dstrong pharmaceutical presence. This was marked by their $2.4 billion purchase of biotechnology company Medarex in 2009. This gave them full rights to Yervoy.